During the summer months, the Reserve offers a full schedule of programs for families and individuals. Programs include:
- Evenings on the Bluff: Tuesdays Evenings in July
Join us each week in July for lively entertainment with an environmental twist overlooking beautiful Waquoit Bay. Bring a picnic, chair or blanket.
- Creature Feature: South Cape Beach Creature Feature
Meets at the deck overlooking South Cape Beach. Each week our interpretive staff focuses on a different animal or group of animals found along the coast.
- Discovery Days: Visitor Center open house every Saturday in July and Augusta with activities each week
- Field Walks: at South Cape Beach and Washburn Island
- Junior Ranger Program:
Meet at the Reserve Visitor Center – Children ages 8-12 become scientists as they explore outdoors, conduct experiments and use scientific equipment to learn about plants and animals along the coast. Come prepared for shoreline investigations, games, and lots of fun. Program meets rain or shine. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Watershed Block Party: come and meet your watershed neighbors; community organizations, hands-on activities for kids, current research
- Estate Tours: Discover the history of this magnificent estate overlooking Waquoit Bay while touring the buildings and grounds. Find out how the buildings are used today and about local, national, and international scientists who conduct research around the bay.
We can also accommodate requests for hands-on bay explorations for organized groups. Call to inquire 508-457-0495 ext.125.